Welcome to the Raindrop room where we cater for babies from 0 – 18 months on a 1:3 ratio. Our room combines opportunities to explore as well as quiet cosy times with their key person.
Key person responsible for :
- Individual care (feeding/weaning, nappy changing, comfort & cuddles)
- Support their crucial milestones of learning through play (prime areas of the EYFS)
- liaising with parent/carer verbally on a daily basis for consistency of care for your child.
7.30 – 9.15 Children arrive/Breakfast/Free play
9.15 – 9.30 Handwashing / Snack –“Hello song”,
9.30 – 11.15 The children are provided with:
- Continuous provision – sensory, floor activities, adult directed
- Outdoor play
- Tummy time
These are planned based on the children’s individual needs and next steps of learning and interest
11.15 – 12.00 Lunch – Babies are fed by key person as per needs of the individual child.
12.00 – 2.00 Free flow activities
2.00 – 3.15 Outdoor play/ indoor free flow
3.15 – 4.00 High Tea – as above (babies who are still weaning have a second hot meal)
4.00 – 6.30 Free flow activities
* Nappies/ milk feeds/sleeps are carried out by the child’s key person based on the child’s individual routine.
Opportunities are planned for the babies to use the Sensory room in the Children centre.